Could your skills support voluntary search and rescue services? By joining SARA as a Trustee you can have a direct impact on the provision of specialist search and rescue services (lifeboat, flood rescue, cliff rescue, land search) in your area and within your community. Founded in 1973, the organisation has developed from its original base in Tutshill (Chepstow) to now having 7 stations across 3 counties.
As the organisation has grown we have changed our structure to reflect more modern practices. In 2022 we became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) and we are now embarking on a new and exciting phase of organisational development. We are looking for individuals with the following core qualities:
· The ability to think strategically and creatively and to discuss proposals with clear logical thinking.
· The ability to work effectively in a team with different areas of expertise.
· Personal and operational integrity.
As well as having these core skills, we are looking for candidates with specific skills, such as:
· Fundraising / Income generation experience
· Financial skills with the ability to scrutinise and interrogate financial statements, reports and balance sheet information
· Human Resources
· Project Management experience and/or eading teams to deliver discrete projects.
People with other areas of expertise, such as alternative rescue services, youth work, health and safety, risk registers etc, would also be welcomed. We would especially welcome applications from younger and Minority applicants, since we are deeply committed to increasing the diversity of our Board.
If you would like an informal chat to find out more about becoming a Trustee, email the Chief Executive Officer, Mark Carwardine on email@example.com or ring him on 07887 561314. Further information and the application form can be found below / to the right.